Working Hard Here at Home.

Oh My Gosh...I had no idea I hadn't been online in almost a month.  Thank you for those of you who emailed to inquire about me.  I am alive and well.  I appreciate your concern.
The weather has been very nice up until yesterday so John and I have been outside every day working in the yard.   We have put 2-3 hours into  weeding every day and  then worked on other projects. I have spent hours painting, sewing and planting. 
After three springs/summers of having one foot or the other in a cast or boot and surgeries in between, I have so enjoyed being able to wear a pair of MATCHING shoes for the first time.
I have also been able to work in my gardens and get something accomplished.  I finished my 3 months (2-3 days a week) of physical therapy two weeks ago  HOORAY.
Starting in one week, we will have some or all of our kids and grandkids home for various lengths of time and we want to have all the hard work out of the way so we can play in the pool and yard with them all.
So here is the first installment of what I have been doing.

 This is an old wringer washer that I bought for $20 from the man who put our sprinkler system in years ago.  It was ugly and starting to rust and I painted it mint green and bright pink.  It has sadly faded over the past five years.

                             You know how much I love COLOR.  This is wild plum and citrus green made by Krylon.  I was able to find it only at Wal Mart.  None of the major box hardware stores carried it around here. I hand painted this on in three coats. 

                    I added a large planter and it sits in a place of honor on one side of the pool.

                                 We have several old wash tubs from John's great aunties.

                 I filled them with wave petunia's and purple grass.  They also sit by the pool.

                                             I filled my Dad's back hoe bucket planter with Dahlias.

      Some friends gave us this table and chair set...much too blah for my taste but truly appreciated.

       I  painted the chairs and table with sunny yellow(again Krylon) and recovered the four chairs.

It now looks like this!!  Note the table in the left hand corner. It is about 12 years old and was an ugly tan.  I painted it purple.  I found these pink chairs last year at Rite Aid for $10 at the end of the season.
I have a lot more to show you so will try to post those over the next week or so.  I hope summer has come to your neck of the woods and you are enjoying happy days.  Put some color in your life!


My Garden Diaries said...

So glad you have had time to just enjoy being out in the garden!!! Your containers are beautiful!!!! Love that washer! And that table makeover is the coolest one I have seen! Makes you wonder why people leave their patio sets brown!!!! Enjoy those grandkids and happy gardening!!! Nicole xo

kath001 said...

Wow...you have been busy! Love the updates.

I'm having a blog giveaway, so be sure to enter.

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

That wringer washer brings back some memories. My Mom had one when I was growing up. I remember helping her with it and she warned me to be careful. I was around 13 when I got my fingers mashed in the wringer.

Karen said...

I absolutely LOVE what you've done with that wringer washer! Glad to hear your foot problems are resolved.

Art and Sand said...

the wringer washer . . . the metal tubs . . . fun details for the eye to catch while relaxing by the pool.