WHEN IT RAINS......................................

Last week was just one of those weeks......one thing after another!! 
First, I was working in my studio... for a change... and was singing along and heard this 'beep beep beeep' noise from the computer........like when something sits on it or the cat walks across it and it stands on one key.
I looked over to tell the cat to get off and much to my shock  I see my WATER bottle glug glugging all over my open laptop!!!    I had knocked it off without realizing it.
My laptop sits on a lower table than my main working table.  I grabbed it up and drained as much water out as possible.  I called the geek squad at Best Buy and they said to take a hair dryer set on cool and see if  that would help dry up the water.............................don't try it ...........it doesn't work.   The computer went black and would not even turn on.  
I went out to see my honey. very sad face on,  and I was SAD and P'OD at myself.  I love my computer.
He looked at me and said  'What's wrong?"  me said "I just fried my computer with a bottle of water."
"oh  no!!"   Oh yeaah"

What a sweetheart.  He said' let's take it over to the Office and see if they can help'.

Definitely deep fried.........John told the tech I thought it was thirsty an gave it a drink.  I think she thought we were both nuts but that's okay.

I only have a thousand or so pics on there so have to take it in to get them removed....
IN the meantime.................we bought a new laptop for me. 

Thank you sweet John!!!
I have a larger screen and windows 7 so am up to date on that.
I am having fun figuring out the stuff on the computer.

The very next day I dropped my small digital camera and it broke!!
Aye yi!  So I took it into the same store.  Thankfully I had a warranty.
The tech said   'oh did you decide to bathe this one?' HA 
smiling  here
My warranty provided me with a new camera to take the following pics.
that's number two.
John said to me   I hope this isn't where things come in threes!"
But alas  it certainly was!!!

Saturday night I decided to go down the stairs to see my honey.  I usually have to scoot up and down on my butt if there are more than a few.  So am trying to get in that mode when my rsd knee gives out and I fall forward and down the stairs I go hitting my chest and knees all the way down.
I could hear John running across the family room yellling  OH NO NO NO!!!

When I reached the bottom I was in shock and the adrenaline was covering the pain.
We weren't sure how we were going to get me up the stairs----John ran to a neighbor to get him and they both decided to call 911.  Then John put a folded towel around my neck and taped it in place to keep my neck immobile.

The first to show up was the local fire dept and their EMTS.
Three very cute young men..........probably all my son's age.
They were very professional and did their job well.  I said john look at all these cute guys  you should take a picture for the 'girls'...........He was embarassed to and didn't think it was ethical so we didn't.

But i thought there was definitely something wrong with the picture---nice looking young men and ME an overweight 60 yr old!!!

The first thing they did was put me on this back board and neck brace then did the fireman carry up the stairs.
Our stairs are narrow--older house----and they would have to navigate a sharp corner at the top.
Now I am on the gurney(stretcher) and off we go.  Comb my hair honey? HA
Here is my carriage.....waiting for me!!  Thank you Patrick emt with the ambulance for being so nice.
They run the lights over head the entire way and it has NO SHOCKS

Take a breath in.....HOLD IT......................breathe

Peek a boo!!!!  The adrenaline is starting to wear off and I hurt here and over here and down here and on my!!

My loving Knight---SIR JOHN
I am ever so blessed

Talking about what is going on!

No broken bones...........multiple strains, aches, and bruises.
I have spent the last few days laying around sleeping and reading and sleeping with the muscle relaxants.
I have been thinking about how blessed I am with John and my family, our caring neighbors,
living where medical treatment is right around the corner and pills to make the pain less!! HEE HEE


Shelly said...

geesh! What a week! Glad you're basically okay and things can be replaced YOU cannot!

Take care,,,home with respitory crud day 5,,,,ugh!

Stay safe and healthy,

Connie said...

I am sooooo sorry this series of events has happened to you, sugar, but I had to laugh because only a true blogger would have the forethought to get someone to snap pictures. Yep, I did the same thing when the podiatrist operated on my feet. Camera went into the surgery with me and one of the nurses took the pix of my feet. Gotta laugh, chick!! Hope you're fine soon.

quiltmom said...

What a week you had- I hope you are on the mend and do not suffer any long term ill effects.
You have kept a great sense of humor about it all ..
So glad to know that you are well loved by the people that surround you in your daily life.
Wishing you a quick recovery.
Warmest regards,

vivian said...

well at least you can relax now and not worry about what comes next... if things come in threes anyways! glad you didnt hurt your precious self any worse and hope your back up and playing again soon!
happy st pattys day!

Lolly said...

OH, Catie, I am sending you lots of healing energy and hugs. You are surely so lucky to have John and thank goodness he was home when you fell!
Please take good care of yourself!
P.S. I am sorry for all the things that have happened but you new laptop is awesome!!

Lucys Baby said...

Oh my Goodness! You were really put through an ordeal. I'm glad you're okay. I'm amazed you had pictures!
Found your blog, I signed up to follow!
I can also sneak a peek at blogs you follow, to get a better idea for your bunny. That's my project for the next two days. I'm at work right now. Bad Nurse...Bad, Bad Nurse!

teacupsandpoodles said...

Hi Catiean,
I hope you are feeling better!!!
Mary Ann :)

Lucys Baby said...

Hi Catie,
Ready to send your rabbit "Baron Von Beauregard" I think he's quite charming. Please send me your address.

Linda said...

I hope you are doing much better now. MY GOODNESS, what a series of events! I was just checking in to see if you have been in touch with Suze and if you're on target for the Tussie Mussie Swap. Bless your heart, it sounds like you've been busy! Email me soon and let me know how you're doing @ aswapforallseasons.blogspot.com

Belle said...

No wonder I've had you on my mind my dear friend. I am so sad to read what has been happening and to get reading only to find out you've fallen down your stairs. Bless you and PTL no broken bones. Hoping you are feeling a bit better since it's been a while since this happened.
luv ya my girlyfriend,

RSA said...

I am very glad you're ok and nothing serious happened. Stay safe always.

Mahala said...

My first time in months to make the blog rounds and look what I come across! I hope you are feeling better now and enjoying that computer!