HomeAbout MeTutorialsMy ArtHome and Garden

9/22/2013

A Beautiful Fall Wedding

 
Last weekend, we went to out nephew's wedding.  I wanted to make part of their wedding gift.
Jason took Jess to Paris a year before and proposed to her under the EIFFEL Tower.  They love all things Paris and French and  pink and decorate their home that way.
              I was wandering the aisles of our Hobby Lobby and came across this picture.  PERFECT.
I uploaded pictures from their wedding/engagement site and printed them out in black and white. I then added phrases in French.
At the Eiffel Tower, there is a fence where couples can buy a lock and write a message on it and place it permanently on the fence. The top right phrase says "The greatest gift in this world is to love and be loved."  The phrase on the left says. "Love does not mean gazing at each other, but looking together in the same direction."  I added their wedding invitation in black and white as well. It was encircled with pink flowers, so I rummaged through my stash and found some near identical pink ones and applied those.  With more little embellishments, it was finished.  I covered it with about 8 layers of Modge Podge. The few relatives that saw it before the wedding thought it was perfect for them.  They went back to Paris and Italy for their honeymoon.
        The wedding was held outdoors at an old farm that is only used for weddings and other events.
                                Little bistro tables were setting around for guests to visit.
  This was the guest sign in.  Delightful idea, but unfortunately the ribbon was old and the names did not print enough to show up.
                    These large jars were later filled with lemonade, water and iced tea.
    The acreage was covered with nice old trees where many candleabra's hung.  They were lit at dusk.
 Dinner was served at this long table.(many tables pushed together and a variety of old chairs and china were used.  This table held 75 guests.
 It was an absolutely perfect fall day, with fog and clouds opening to sunshine right when the bride walked down the aisle!
 My brother married his son and bride in a refurbished chicken coop.
 I have 7 siblings ..we are all still living....one brother couldn't make it.  Here we are with my Mom.
Moi on the far right.  First time we have been all together since my father's funeral, 9 years ago!
My Mom turned 86 the day before the wedding!  We range in age from 66 down to 48 and are scattered around the United States.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

The wedding decorations are beautiful and your gift looked perfect. Now tell me, what is the flower in the vases on the long table? I should know, but just can't think of what you call them. The family photo is priceless. You will cherish it I'm sure in years to come.

Unknown said...

Oh how absolutely GORGEOUS - what a perfect spot for a wedding - and your gift is beautiful - and one that they'll treasure forever!!!
XOXO

Susan said...

Thanks for dropping by Catiean. I've enjoyed reading back over some of your posts. I love your crafts. The box of goodies you got at the garage sale was amazing. My son is getting married soon. You've got me thinking about a personalised gift.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

what a gorgeous and creative wedding! I love all the unique decor! Thanks for sharing at Tutorials Tips and Tidbits!
My best to the newlyweds!