Good Morning Everyone!! The house is very quiet and I am sipping on green tea. I drink it for health reasons otherwise it wouldn't be my first choice. ";
I thought I would show you a few of my new dolls today. I collect vintage linens and fabric and whatnots. I have promised myself I have to use up most of my 'stash' before I go out and buy, cajole, trade, or steal any more. With the kids living with us, i have had to 'cramp up' a bit for storage.
This first one is an angel that I made out of John's great auntie Cleo's tablecloth. It was smoke damaged in the house fire but i kept it for sentimental reasons. I dressed her in a vintage pillowcase---also Auntie Cleo's. I attached wings and a halo made from vintage christmas beads strung on wire. They were already broken on their string. I picked up the entire bag at the thrift store for $.99!
I found some velvet ribbon on one side and gold paper on the other. It was in a bag and had been cut into strips and rolled up. I undid as many as I needed for her hair. Her face is just
micron ink pens.
I attached the doll to a small vintage rose trellis that originally was dark green. I spray painted it black. Her Hearts are made out of felt and cross stitched. The verse says "Rejoice in the Lord Always." She is about 3 ft high and hangs on the wall in our dining room.
She is also embellished with an embroidered linen doily and a cross I was given on my first medical trip to Guatemala in 1985.
I used large black vintage buttons at her shoulders. I also added vintage lace to her sleeves.
This Raggedy Annie was made from an old cutter quilt. I used lace doilies for her underskirt as well as her collar. She sits in the kitchen with the red and white enamel ware. The girls love to drag her around.
I used solid green cotton for her arms and legs and then did a light acrylic green wash over her face until I liked the look. After she dried I used micron pens for her features.
I embellished her with a lace doilie underskirt as well as a linen doilie collar. I had a crocheted vintage doilie with flowers and leaves so cut those up to embellish around her face and on one foot. I thought it made her look more like a garden sprite.
Right now I have three different doll bodies sewn and stuffed, tea stained or partially painted and that is my goal for the next few days....to finish those. I will post the results!!!!!!