HomeAbout MeTutorialsMy ArtHome and Garden

6/30/2008

Mosaic Madness!!

A few weeks ago I said I was off to mosaic our mailbox. This is my first attempt and I was pleased with the outcome. It was a lot of work but in the end was very worth it.
This is the side that faces out into the neighborhood and what people see when they drive up.

close up of broken pieces of whatever
this was the BEFORE.......so a very nice change dontcha think?
The girls wanted to mosaic as well. I found some dishes at a garage sale for $1 for the lot of them and here we go!

SAFETY FIRST.......ALWAYS! GOGGLES GLOVES AND SHOES ON FEET......NO EXCEPTIONS! dISHES TO BREAK INSIDE PAPER BAGS LAYERED BETWEEN NEWSPAPER.
creating their masterpieces. Old shirts over their clothes and cementing
pieces to their dishes.
Going very well. Always lots of 'chatting' while working....number #1 rule is NO GOSSIPING so we have great conversations most of the time. Oh yeah....that is my coffee in the picture not the girls! HA
all cemented and drying.................how cool are these?
this one is finished and all grouted. Some made theirs to hang on the wall
some for their gardens and some to put in their rooms to hold 'doodads'.
This was a great two week project.
We all bring something to share for lunch and so far we have managed to always have a protein, fruit, grain and veggies!!! We also sit down at the table outside 'as a family' and say grace and remember our pleases and thank you's!!!!!

5 comments:

bluemuf said...

Oh Catieann I just love your mail box. What a fun and wonderful idea. Looks like the girls had a great time making their mosics. They all turned out well.

Hugs Karen

Lolly said...

First of all, I love the mailbox! You go, girl! Second, you are awesome! You are making such a difference in the girls' lives.
~Lolly

Paula said...

Great mailbox! I've been wanting to try mosaic for several years now, but just haven't done it. You may have just given me that push I needed!

Heidi said...

Love the mailbox! And the girls' plates are cool, too. I love mosaic.

It's so great how you're teaching the next generation crafting.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That is the prettiest mail box, ever!!!